Msgr. Funk Trip to California
Msgr. Funk, pastor of St. Pius X parish is leading a Catholic Culinary and Cultural Journey to the California Missions and Wine Country, June 11-18, 2018 in celebration of his 2018 retirement. The 7-day, fully escorted trip includes
- Overnight stays in Monterey, Cambria, Sonoma, & the San Francisco Fisherman’s Wharf area
- Visits to the missions of San Jose, San Carlo Borromeo, San Juan Bautista, San Francisco Solano, San Francisco de Assisi, and the tomb of San Junipero Sera
- Two Napa Valley wine tastings and a wine tasting at the Beringer Wines historic Rhine House
- See the Hearst Castle in the hills of San Simeon (with accommodations overlooking the Pacific); enjoy stops at Carmel by the Sea, Muir Woods National Monument with the famous Redwood Forest, and Fisherman’s Wharf and National Park.
- Cruise the California coast along the famed “17-Mile Drive.”
- Enjoy a “Hop on Hop off” bus tour of San Francisco.
The trip is limited to 40 guests. Those interested are invited to attend an informational meeting at November 8th from 6:00 to 8:30 at St. Pius.
Call Beth or Judy at the parish office for more details: 614-866-2859.