1. The Daniel Arnold Memorial Scholarship applications are due April 15, 2014. This includes the following:
- A completed and notarized application
- An essay, and
- Two letters of recommendation.
Turn in your completed application to Miss Rees or the Hartley Advancement Office. If you have are close to completing the application but are not finished, please see your counselor about your circumstances.
1. Please bring in all of your acceptance and scholarship letters. We know that you will accept only the scholarships that can be used at the school you decide to attend, but we list all “offered” scholarships in the graduation program. You may prefer to keep this information private, but keep in mind that parents and grandparents take great pride in their children and grandchildren’s successes. Also, we are asked to calculate the total amount of scholarship money your class has been offered.
1. Please keep your counselor informed about your college plans and any scholarships that you have been offered. In the graduation program all scholarships that a senior has been offered are listed including those that will not be accepted because the senior decides to attend a different school. Remember – parents and grandparents take great pride in seeing the awards their children/grandchildren have been offered. Another point that needs to be made here is that no scholarship can be listed in the program unless the scholarship offer has been verified by your counselor, i.e. She must see the scholarship award letter. If you bring in the original letter that you received, not a copy of it, the original will be returned to you.
1. If your parents were unable to attend our Financial Aid Meeting last Thursday, encourage them to attend College Goal Sunday. This is another opportunity to get help in completing the FAFSA. This is the form that all two AND four-year colleges require, if you want to be considered for any financial aid based on need. Due to limited seating at College Goal Sunday sites, we recommend that you register in advance. Please visit www.ohiocollegegoalsunday.org to register. This program will begin at 2 p.m. at each site. Choose the site that is most convenient for you. Ohio Dominican University, Columbus State Community College, ECOT Main Office and Central Crossing High School are sites in our area.
1. If you are completing an Ohio State University Alumni Scholarship application, you must give it to your counselor today so that she can process it today and send it in with today’s post mark date. This scholarship was announced for the first time in the December 3rd edition of the Senior Announcements.
1. VERY IMPORTANT: If you applied to OSU by the Early Action Deadline of November 1, please note the following message from undergraduate admissions: “Technical issues with the Common Application have delayed the process by which applications are processed and reviewed. Most applicants who applied by November 1 have received or will receive their decisions in the next few days; however, as a result of the processing delays, some students might not receive a decision until the end of January.” Please Note – Applicants who met the November 1 deadline are still receiving priority consideration for merit scholarships, for the Morrill Scholars Program and for the Honors/Scholars Programs.
- Senior Announcements 12-10-13
- Senior Announcements 12-3-13
- Senior Announcements 11-19-13
- Senior Announcements 11-12-13
- Senior Announcements 11-05-13
- Senior Announcements 10-29-13
- Senior Announcements 10-22-13
- Senior Announcements 10-15-13
- Senior Announcements 10-8-13
- Senior Announcements 10-1-13
- Senior Announcements 9-24-13
- Senior Announcements 9-17-13
- Senior Announcements 9-10-13
- Senior Announcements 9-3-13