Volume IV Issue 10 | May 24, 2012
Administration | From the Desk of PRINCIPAL Winters
Please access our previous 10 May 2012 Herald for full news and our current school calendar. Our first Herald for the 2012-13 school year will be mailed via USPS on Thursday, July 26, 2012.
Find Mini Herald HERE.
END OF YEAR CALENDAR AND COMMUNICATION UPDATES — This will be our final Mini Herald of the school year. The next Herald will be published on Thursday, July 26 and will be mailed through the USPS to all registered parents and legal guardians. Our communications staff will be quite busy during the month of June updating our website for the 2012-13 school year. Among these updates, you will find:
- Back 2 School Webpage — This webpage is a one-stop location for necessary summer information including summer English and Social Studies reading lists and/or assignments, current bussing registration requirements by district, and more
- Our online calendar updated in full during early June
- Updated religious retreat information and necessary permission forms
As updates are made, we will post information about them throughout the summer from our Parent Newsboard on our home page.
ADMINISTRATIVE DATES THROUGH JULY 2012
NO SCHOOL Memorial Day, May 28
Summer Phys Ed (A) Weekdays at BHHS, June 11-19 8 AM - 4:40 PM
Summer Office Hours Begin June 11
- Until June 11 Normal School Hours, 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
- June 11-29 8 AM - 3 PM July Closed
- August 1-10 9 AM - 3 PM
- From August 13 Normal School Hours, 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Grades Mailed Home June 14
Summer Phys Ed (B), Weekdays at BHHS June 20-28 8 AM - 4:40 PM
The Herald Summer Mailing via USPS, July 26
NO CAFETERIA SERVICE AFTER FRIDAY, JUNE 1 — The cafeteria will not be serving lunch on undergrad finals days. Additionally, Mr. Winters has asked that all cafeteria accounts be paid-in-full. Please make sure your student(s) have a zero- or positive-balance with the cafeteria.
REMINDER OF SCHOOL BOARD POLICY — It is School Board policy that unless all tuition, fees, library and dress code fines, lost textbooks, athletic uniforms, iPads, etc. are accounted for and/or paid in full, your child will not be allowed to take finals. Seniors will not be allowed to participate in any graduation ceremonies.
SUMMARY OF 2012 GRADUATION ACTIVITIES & EVENTS
Mandatory Practice(s) & Senior Picnic
- Thursday, May 31— Graduation Practice at 8:45 AM is Mandatory following Period 1 Exam. Students must attend in order to participate in graduation. Graduation Tickets will be distributed at this time (7 per family). If you would like extra tickets, you can speak to Mr. Winters after the tickets have been distributed.
- Liturgical Minister Practice at approximately 10:30 AM.
- Baccalaureate Mass rehearsal after graduation practice Christ the King Church.
- Senior Picnic from 3:30-6:30 PM on the grounds of Bishop Hartley.
Senior Activities and Awards
- Friday, June 1 Senior Breakfast from 9-10 AM. Students Only. All Seniors present at 10 AM.
- Senior Honors Assembly from 10:15-11:45 AM in Dick Geyer Gymnasium. Parents are welcome to attend. Seniors in gowns, no caps.
- Friday, June 1 7:30 PM at Christ the King Church
Graduation Class of 2012
- Sunday, June 3 1 PM in Dick Geyer Gymnasium, Bishop Hartley High School.
- Seniors: Please assemble in A-Wing no later than 12:15 PM.
- Next >>