Mr. Michael Winters, Principal
1285 Zettler Road, Columbus, OH 43227
|7:30 AM - 3:30 PM||Ms. Cindy Goodburn
|Mrs. Sharon Samuelson
614-237-5421 ext 10623
After School Hours
AFTER SCHOOL HOURS
We open our building as early as 7:15 AM and keep some areas of our building open for many activities and events in the evening. It is imperative that our students have proper supervision. Parents need to arrange for transportation home for their son or daughter by 3:30 PM. If your son or daughter is engaged in practice for a co-curricular activity and is properly supervised, the student can remain until that activity is concluded. Otherwise, we will be clearing the hallways and locking the doors in order to begin cleaning our school for the next day. Please make arrangements now so there is no misunderstanding later in the year.
Crisis Management Plan
BISHOP HARTLEY HIGH SCHOOL 2013-14 CRISIS MANAGEMENT PLAN
In case of prolonged evacuation at Bishop Hartley, students and faculty will meet at Christ the King Church /All Saints Academy School located at 2855 E. Livingston Ave., Phone 614.231.3391. In such a situation, students will be organized according to their Guidance Counselors as follows: A-G (Rees) in the church; H-N (Gruenwald) in the school gym; O-Z (Collette) in the school cafeteria.
In the Event of an Absence Due to Illness or Injury
IN THE EVENT OF AN ABSENCE DUE TO ILLNESS OR INJURY
If your student will unexpectedly miss school due to injury or illness, please call Ms. Cindy Goodburn at 614-237-5421 prior to the beginning of the school day and on each succeeding day of the student's absence. When your child is well and can return to normal school activity, please have your child bring a note for the reason of the absence. This note must be signed by the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) that are on file as the responsible caretakers for this child.
School Time Vacation Policy
SCHOOL TIME VACATION POLICY
We strongly discourage families from planning vacations during scheduled school time. Vacation days, other than those that appear on the Diocesan approved Bishop Hartley school calendar, are absences. Absences negatively impact a student’s performance due to the loss of instructional time. This loss can result in failure for the quarter and loss of course credit.
Bishop Hartley’s Winter Exams will be held Wednesday, Thursday and Friday December 18, 19 and 20. Our Christmas break is two weeks plus one weekend long, beginning Saturday, December 21. We return to school on Monday, January 6, 2014.
Because Christmas break is 16 days, we ask that families do not take their students out of exams to start vacation early. Students who miss an exam will not be scheduled for make-ups in January.
However, if a parent chooses to remove a student from school, the parent must contact Mr. Winters by phone at least three weeks before the proposed vacation date. Mr. Winters will then schedule an appointment during which the parent will receive specific information regarding the guidelines for the student in completing make-up work.
1. Parents may request work in advance, but the teachers may not be able to provide any or all of it.
2. It is the responsibility of the student to pick up the assignments from his teachers on the last day prior to departure.
3. On the day the student returns to school, he is responsible for giving his teachers all the work that was assigned prior to his departure and for requesting from the teacher any additional work that was assigned while he was absent.
4. This additional work, plus any tests or quizzes, must be made up within three days of the student’s return. The student should plan to stay after school during the Enrichment period upon his return to gather assignments and to make up quizzes and tests.
5. The student may be unable to make up some work that was completed as part of a group project or as part of a class activity. He may have to take a ‘0’ for this work.
6. The student is responsible for contacting his teachers to schedule a time to complete all missed tests or quizzes. Any work that is not complete within three days will be assigned a grade of ‘0’.
7. Parents need to be prepared to hire a tutor in cases where a student is not able to master new material on his own.
8. Students missing exams due to vacation plans will not be allowed to do make-ups.
All administrative forms for download are available from this folder.
|Detailed School Calendar 2013-2014||15.06 KB||2013-08-09|
|2013-2014 Bell Schedule||16.33 KB||2013-06-24|
|Dress Code Changes||20.32 KB||2013-08-09|
|Medication Authorization Permission Form||28.27 KB||2013-06-04|
|Changes to Student Handbook||67.58 KB||2013-08-09|
|Final 2014-15 handbook with cover||620.88 KB||2014-07-30|