August 27th, 2014
Cafeteria & Food Services Program
The cafeteria program is once again utilizing the account system for the purchase of student lunches. This process is optional and uses an account set up by the family into which parents may deposit money for cafeteria purchases. Students will use their ID cards and the amount for their lunch will automatically be deducted from their account.
Please note, each student’s account is separate and is not listed under the family name. Money has to be deposited into each individual account. Outlined below is the procedure for initiating your account(s):
- Go online to http://www.myschoolaccount.com and set up an account.
- Use a debit card, credit card or transfer funds from your checking/savings account to add money for your student(s) to purchase lunches. The school will not maintain any account information.
- If you have more than one student and deposit money into each student’s account, it is considered one transaction.
- Please note there is a $2.00 charge for each deposit transaction to use this service.
From this site you can:
- choose to deposit money into the Meal Plan or the Ala Carte Plan
- Meal Plan – Student can only purchase a hot meal or salad bar
- Ala Carte Plan – Student can purchase the hot meal, salad bar, or ala carte items
- view what your child is purchasing
- set-up an email warning for when your student’s account is getting low on funds
Presently, we will still accept cash for the hot meal, salad bar and ala carte items but strongly encourage families to use the account system if possible.
There will be no IOU’s allowed at the ala carte table. One $4.50 IOU will be allowed at the salad bar or main line. Until it is paid, no further IOU’s will be allowed. In the event an IOU can not be given, the cafeteria will provide the child with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Free and Reduced School Lunch Program
Children need healthy meals to learn. Bishop Hartley High School offers healthy meals every school day. Lunch costs $4.50. The school also participates in the State of Ohio’s Free and Reduced Lunch Program. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Reduced price is $.40 for lunch. Please note: Free or reduced price lunches qualify for the main lunch line OR salad bar. You can not receive a free or reduced price lunch at the ala carte line.
**All families who received free or reduced lunch for the 2013-2014 school year MUST REAPPLY BY OCTOBER 2, 2014 to be eligible for the 2014-2015 school year. Click HERE for more information. You can also download the application form HERE.
Please contact Gloria Jahahn, Cafeteria Manager, with any questions.